Conceived in 1914, Titirangi Golf Club began on a course at One Tree Hill in Auckland and grew with the development of Auckland City both as a place to play golf and as a social outlet for its many members. In 1919 it added its own course at New Lynn to the leased land on the Hill.
In 1927, the great golf course architect Dr. Alister MacKenzie re-designed the New Lynn course to make it both an outstanding test of golf and a truly beautiful place to play the game. He called the land "exceptionally well adapted for golf, undulating, without being hilly". He later went on to design legendary courses such as Augusta National, Royal Melbourne and Cypress Point. Today Titirangi is consistently rated as one New Zealand's top five courses.
From Fringe of Heaven: The Centenary History of Titirangi Golf Club
by Desmond Wood (2009).
Titirangi Club House 1930's
Titirangi Club House present day